To support nursing research and clinical practice efforts that contribute to the improvement of the quality of life for children and their families, the NAPNAP Foundation strives to raise money and provide opportunities for academic advancement and research in the nursing community. The result is a series of grants and scholarships that we make available to NAPNAP members.
Through the generosity of member donations, the NAPNAP Foundation will award scholarships to two NAPNAP active members and two student members to allow for attendance at the NAPNAP Annual Conference March 11-14, 2015, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada. Each scholarship will cover the early-bird member conference registration fee of $480 (member) or $250 (student member).
To be eligible for the member scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of NAPNAP.
- Demonstrate financial and/or continuing education needs.
To be eligible for the student member scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of NAPNAP.
- Be a registered nurse and a graduate student who has completed at least one (1) semester of graduate studies in a pediatric-focused nurse practitioner program OR a practicing PNP/FNP in a doctoral program. A PNP program is defined as one which primarily prepares an individual to deliver child health care services, either in primary care, specialty care or acute care settings. The program must be associated with an academic institution authorized to award a master’s degree in nursing or DNP. The program can be a MSN-NP program, a post-master’s degree NP program or DNP program that provides PNP/FNP preparation, as well as the DNP. PhD students may also apply.
All scholarship applicants must meet the additional requirements:
- Complete the online application by December 7, 2014.
- Confirm their ability to provide for their travel/lodging cost. The scholarship covers conference registration fees only.
- Be able to attend the 2015 NAPNAP Annual Conference at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada, including the Awards Breakfast.
Scholarship recipients will be determined by the NAPNAP Foundation in early January and all applicants will be notified on/about January 9. Recipients are responsible for registering for the conference with provided instructions no later than January 31, 2015.
Scholarship recipients will be formally recognized at NAPNAP’s Annual Conference Awards Breakfast.
Questions regarding the application procedure can be directed to email@example.com.
Click here to apply online.
All grants and scholarships are dependent upon available funding.