To support nursing research and clinical practice efforts that contribute to the improvement of the quality of life for children and their families, the NAPNAP Foundation strives to raise money and provide opportunities for academic advancement and research in the nursing community. The result is a series of grants and scholarships that we make available to NAPNAP members. Check out our past winners.
Our 2020 advanced nursing research grant application period will open later this summer. Information about grant types and criteria will be available in June and the application will open on Aug. 1. Please note that proof of IRB approval must be included with your grant application so plan accordingly.
Educational Scholarships - deadline June 15, 2020
All scholarship applicants must be current NAPNAP members.
The purpose of the Elaine Gelman Student Scholarship is to support the education of a nurse practitioner student who demonstrates the ability to articulate and follow through an innovative solution through clinical competence, academic achievement, and involvement in advocacy relating to a pediatric health care issue. Click here to read the scholarship application requirements and complete the online application. Up to two $1,300 scholarships will be awarded in 2020.
The NAPNAP Foundation DNP/PhD Student Scholarship supports the education of a pediatric-focused nurse practitioner doctor of nursing practice (DNP) or PhD student who demonstrates the ability to articulate and implement an innovative solution through clinical competence, academic achievement, and leadership, as well as encourage involvement in NAPNAP and promote professional development of the individual student. Click here to read the scholarship application requirements and complete the online application. One $3,000 scholarship will be awarded in 2020.
- All grants and scholarships are dependent upon available funding. Some opportunities are not available every year.
- Grants and scholarships are available for NAPNAP members only.
- NIH style biosketch template.
- Nursing research project grants are solicited during the late summer. Evaluations and funding typically happen in the early fall. Grants are typically awarded in specific health categories as announced when the application season opens.
- Grant awardees are required to submit a closure report.
- Academic scholarships are typically offered in the spring with application evaluation and awarding of funds conducted during the summer. The application period typically lasts four weeks.