To support nursing research and clinical practice efforts that contribute to the improvement of the quality of life for children and their families, the NAPNAP Foundation strives to raise money and provide opportunities for academic advancement and research in the nursing community. The result is a series of grants and scholarships that we make available to NAPNAP members. Check out our past winners.
2020 Conference Travel Scholarship
Through the generosity of a grant from Nestlé, the NAPNAP Foundation will award a limited number of travel scholarships to NAPNAP members to partially cover travel expenses to the 41st NAPNAP Conference on Pediatric Health Care March 25-28 in Long Beach, Calif. Recipients will receive $525 to be used for travel and lodging expenses.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current NAPNAP student or career starter member.
- Be registered for the conference.
- Complete the online application by Jan. 5, 2020.
- Confirm ability to pay for travel/lodging expenses beyond the scholarship award. (We highly encourage recipients to participate in the share a room/share a ride program to stretch their award money.)
Applicants can enter the online application system at any time before the deadline using the below link to add/update application information. The system has pre-programmed next/submit buttons which may seem as though your partial application is final. Rest assured, our evaluation panel will not review your application before Jan. 6, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be determined by the NAPNAP Foundation in late January and all applicants will be notified on/about Jan. 31 via email. Recipients should receive funds by Feb. 28.
Past conference scholarship winners are not eligible. Questions regarding the application procedure can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to apply online.
Our 2020 advanced nursing research grant application and quality improvement & evidence-based practice project grant application periods will open later this spring.
Our 2020 scholarship application period will open later this spring.
- All grants and scholarships are dependent upon available funding. Some opportunities are not available every year.
- Grants and scholarships are available for NAPNAP members only.
- NIH style biosketch template.
- Nursing research project grants are solicited during the late spring or summer. Evaluations and funding typically happen in the late summer/early fall. Grants are typically awarded in specific health categories as announced when the application season opens.
- Grant awardees are required to submit a closure report.
- Academic scholarships are typically offered in the spring with application evaluation and awarding of funds conducted during the summer. The application period typically lasts four weeks.