E-Group Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our teampeds Member Network community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these e-communities, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited for all NAPNAP members. This is a great forum to solicit advice from your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversations.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, NAPNAP reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any e-community.
- Because of our agreement with the Career Connection team, we cannot permit members to post any type of paid job on any of our e-communities. If your employer wants to recruit a NAPNAP expert in pediatrics and advocate for children, please direct them to the Career Connection employer page.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Remember that the Open Forum and other e-community participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NAPNAP reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- All members must disclose all relevant financial or non-financial relationships with any commercial interest when referencing industry/for profit companies.
- Please be advised content posted on the open forum for personal gain or advantage over other another individual or institution (i.e., book promotions, business ventures, paid public speaking events, advertisements or career opportunities) is strictly prohibited and will be removed.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list, through the Open Forum. Instead, use the Web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
NAPNAP’s Advertising Policy
- Digital communications: NAPNAP does not allow organizations and/or companies that are unaffiliated with NAPNAP to purchase conference- or membership-related advertising on napnap.org or digital communications (e.g. Newsflash or NAPNAP Daily News) that promotes their own events or membership.
- Mailing lists/eblasts: NAPNAP considers requests from organizations and/or companies that are unaffiliated with NAPNAP to rent our member mailing list or purchase a NAPNAP eblast to promote CE/CME opportunities on a case-by-case basis. In support of the educational services that NAPNAP experts and staff develop, we do not promote CE/CME events that conflict with our conferences and other events, especially within the same time period or focused on similar pediatric content.
- Job boards: Based on the agreement with our career center partner, we are prohibited from advertising jobs on any NAPNAP site (napnap.org, community.napnap.org, which hosts all e-communities and many chapter websites, etc.). All job postings must be directed to NAPNAP’s career center: careerconnection.napnap.org
- Open Forum e-community: Messages promoting other groups’ CE/CME opportunities that are submitted to Open Forum are reviewed on a case-by-case basis for approval prior to posting. In support of the educational services that NAPNAP experts and staff develop, we do not promote CE/CME events that conflict with our conferences and other events, especially within the same time period or focused on similar pediatric content. In addition, NAPNAP does not promote on-demand CE/CME that conflicts with content in PedsCESM.
- SIG/Chapter e-communities: Members are encouraged to share free, credible practice resources from trusted sources (peer associations and non-profits, government websites, etc.) in e-communities. SIG and chapter leaders may determine what external resources to include on their webpages.
Before members post CE/CME related opportunities in SIG and chapter e-communities, they should determine the impact of posting information on behalf of organizations and/or companies that are unaffiliated with NAPNAP:
- Determine if the CE/CME content is similar/same as NAPNAP’s CE (in-person and virtual conferences or PedsCESM).
- If similar, please do not post. NAPNAP does not want to diminish the value and reach of our CE.
- If not similar, free CE/CME opportunities can be posted. Refer fee-based CE/CME opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org for case-by-base consideration.
- Refrain from posting messages regarding membership in other organizations. Refer peer organizations to email@example.com for possible reciprocal membership discounts or other partnerships.
The Legal Stuff
These communities are provided as a membership service of NAPNAP. NAPNAP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NAPNAP disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by teampeds Member Network or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAPNAP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NAPNAP and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NAPNAP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.